Design of Aerospace Systems
Research on the integrated design of complex space systems considering not only technological elements and design methodologies, but also other factors influencing the systems such as stakeholders and their expectations, economic environments and political situations, is carried out.
- Concept design for aerospace systems
- Stakeholder analysis and mission definition for aerospace systems
- Design methodology for large and complex systems
Financial / Risk Analysis for Aerospace Programs
Financial and risk analysis methodologies for aerospace projects are studied to provide the rationales supporting (or rejecting) the projects and devise the strategy for implementing and operating the systems
- Cost-benefit analysis of aerospace systems project
- Risk driver identification, risk analysis, and risk management
- System design and operational decision making methodology considering the system’s risk
Aerospace Policy Design
Aerospace projects are highly influenced by policies because the systems are usually large and long-term projects requiring intensive financial investment and their sustainable growth is possible through demands in public sectors in addition to the customers in private sectors. Vision setting and technological policy design methodologies to foster the Aerospace industry are studied.
- Focus area selection considering the competition/cooperation in international Aerospace industry
- Vision and strategic direction design to support the domestic Aerospace industry
- Analysis of the impact of the political decision on the industrial terrain and large/long-term projects.